Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

To do list

Good morning bloggers,
So I awoke this morning with the need to clean.  I am determined to have this house spotless by this weekend.  I want to start setting up my studio but it is going to be in the basement and I do not want to start emptying that room till I am done with the rest of the house.  It is still full of everything that I got from my dad when he died.  Guitars, amps, books, cooking stuff, random things, and so much more.

So this is how I figure it.  I essentially have eleven rooms in my house.  Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, laundry room, living room, family room, kitchen, dinning room, and the basement.  I have four days left including today.  So if my math is correct that has me doing three rooms a day and taking a break on Friday.

I guess it is that time again.  Time to make a list of all that needs to get done in addition to the basic cleaning, vacuuming, and dusting.
  • In the family room: go through all dog toys and throw away the old ones, change the water in the salt water tank. 
  • In the kitchen: clean out fridge, clean microwave, clean oven. 
  • In the living room: change the water in the fresh water tank, prune the orange tree, measure the staples on the couches for reupholstering, hang all pictures.
  • Guest Bathroom: repaint, hang crown molding.
  • Laundry room: hang shelves.
  • Office: move lizard to living room next to fish tank, organize all important tax papers.
  • Master Bathroom: repaint, remove wallpaper.
Things to do that will take some time:
  • Painting the bathrooms
  • Refinishing the cabinets
  • Replacing the counters with granite
  • Replacing the carpet
  • Upholstering the couches and chairs
  • Painting 
  • Crown molding
With all the basics done I can then start to work in the basement and leave the second list for when we have extra time, and money.

The longer I stay on here the less time I have to clean my three rooms today.  I think today I will start with the family room, the dinning room, and the laundry room. So that includes the water change, the dog toys, and hanging the shelves.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment